Tania Aidrus, Former Google’s executive and chief of Digital Pakistan Vision, has shared plan about digitalization of Pakistan.
She tweeted to share the underpinning of the program and also her plan of action to achieve the goal of Digital Pakistan. “the heart and core of everything we build towards achieving the dream of a Digital and Prosperous Pakistan.” She said.
According to Tania’s plan Digital Pakistan vision encompasses five areas
- Access & Connectivity
- Digital Infrastructure
- Digital Skills & Training
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
“As a mission driven initiative, Digital Pakistan’s focus is primarily on ensuring that desirable outcomes are achieved. Specifically, this means that Digital Pakistan’s success should primarily be measured on whether such outcomes are actually achieved,” read the document.
4 Key Principles have been highlighted in the document to achieve the goal of Digital Pakistan which are as follows:
- #Shaamil-Responsible and inclusive access to information and information technologies are a fundamental right.
- Affordable access to any required hardware devices (e.g. low-end smartphones)
- Universal data access (e.g., connectivity in geographically remote areas)
- Affordable data access ( e.g., mobile subscription plan)
- As free flow of information as possible
- #Hunarmand- 21st century skills to reap benefits of technology.
- Digital literacy and how to operate e.g. a smartphone.
- Skills for digitally enabled jobs (e.g. home-based selling of goods via social media)
- #Pehchaan- Simplify interaction between citizens, government and the broader economy.
- Development of a ‘Pakistan Stack’ as technology and data infrastructure connecting these different spheres.
- Using digital technologies for easier and more transparent public expenditures, tax collection as well as prevention of tax evasion.
- Driving towards the ‘Ask only once’ principle i.e., aim to ensure that citizens, institutions and companies only have to provide certain standard information to the authorities and the administration once.
- #DigitalJugarus- An inclusive digital revolution must be a boon for all.
- Fostering mass employment creation through digital platforms like marketplaces, freelancing communities or ride hailing companies.
- Creating an appropriate legal, financial and regulatory environment for technology startups to flourish.
- Be the conduit of linking local digital skills supply with global demand in areas with high global demand like machine learning or python.
Digital Pakistan initiative will have following work areas
- Channeling of and representing the Digital Pakistan Movement
- Information dissemination
- Policy advancement or intervention
- Technology development
- Build bridges and facilitating dialogue between citizens, government, local and international players